Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaacccckkkkkk!!!!

Woah-M-G

I don't know if you know this but most of my readers probably do.  On July 10th I got on a plane at JFK and headed to the magical Land of Oz. No, not the one with the wizard and Glinda and the scarecrow.  I mean the real magical Land of Oz, Australia.

You also should know that this strictly was not a vacation, it was an educational experiece. Aw who the hell am I kidding it was pretty much a vacation with some learning involved.

Now you may be wondering "Of all places, why Australia?" Well the thing is, 3 years ago i got an invitation from an organization called People to People Student Ambassador programs to go to England and France.  I went to the information meetings and decided that this group was safe and responsible.  The program was started by Dwight Eisenhower, yes our president in the 50's, to promote world peace through learning and understanding.  Anyways, the point is, I went to England and France and had a ball.  In the fall of '09 I got my 4th invitation (I decided not to go on the two after England and France).  In a nutshell, I accepted this offer and had been looking foward to visiting this place ever since I started watching "The Crocodile Hunter" on Animal Planet.  I know this sounds cheesy, but this truely was a dream come true.

Oh and people always ask me the same two questions so I'm just going to answer them now.  Yes, my parents did not go. And no, it certainly is not free (but it's all-inclusive)

Also, I took 976 pictures and the ametuer photographer in me really wants to get on with deleting, sorting, and editing but the true procrastinator that I am is telling me to put it off and do things like write this blog entry.

Anyways, if you're still reading this, I saw Dispicable Me yesterday.  It was amazingly hilarious. Go see it. Grade A entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment